Title: Production Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations and Engineering
The Production Manager will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the manufacturing department. You will work closely with Operations management team to continuously deliver and exceed performance metrics, to develop 5S standards and to achieve local and international recognition for 5S excellence. You will play a key role in developing the production team from current state to a world class lean manufacturing team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive a culture of ‘delivery is everything’ (100% OTD delivery is the goal).
- Drive and promote achievement of Company objectives by setting
achievable personal goals with the manufacturing team.
- Drive and deliver on production metrics, specifically product quality (FPY,
scrap and waste), efficiency targets (PPOH, OEE and material utilization)
and customer service (SA and OTD).
- Drive participation in Kaizen process to support cost reduction and
- Collaborate with the Operations team on setting continuously improving metric targets
- Schedule and establish priorities, monitor progress, revise production schedules as needed, resolve problems and report results on daily shift meetings.
- Introduce and champion world class scheduling techniques at dPoint
- Facilitate achievement of 5S excellence at dPoint by maintaining manufacturing floor organization and cleanliness to highest standards.
- Drive implementation and development of standardized work environment.
- Champion and implement world class lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Own and drive the shop floor Kaizen initiative
- Maintain clear communication between internal teams to facilitate optimum performance, including setting shift targets and status updates.
- Liaise with sales, product development and manufacturing engineering teams and the production staff to ensure sales requirements are met.
- Lead by example and encourage your team members to exemplify dPoint values.
- Develop and nurture a high performing, multi-skilled team by providing and reinforcing lean manufacturing training and promoting participation in Kaizen program.
- Provide ongoing leadership support and direction to the shift leaders to ensure efficient manufacturing of quality products.
- Liaise with HR and VP of Operations to facilitate positive employee relations within the team.
- Build a positive relationship with the management team.
- Drive the safety culture in the shop environment.
- Liaison with trades for work required on either building.
- Liaison with building property manager for issues with the buildings.
- Able to demonstrate great team building skills of both supervisory team and production staff.
- 10 years progressive supervisory experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Highly experienced in lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuously improve manufacturing operations and processes.
- Experienced in state of the art scheduling tools and techniques.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Strong Organizational and Leadership Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills and ability to work effectively in a highly Interactive / Energetic Team Environment
- Must be highly literate and have good presentation skills
Please send your resume and a short email to Daria @ email@example.com explaining why you believe that you are a strong candidate and should be considered for the position.